Weather is the number one conversation topic in the Netherlands. Ask any Dutchmen about the weather forecast and there is a very big chance he can tell you in detail. This is because in the Netherlands we have about 145 days of rain a year.
The weather in Holland varies much and nothing is for sure except one thing: there is always a chance of rain. Best is to visit Amsterdam in spring, but it is also good in summer. The temperatures are mild in spring and can be warm in summer. The average temperature in summer is around 20-28 degrees Celsius (68° Fahrenheit). In winter it can be cold and windy. Most years there are only a few days with snowfall, more often the sloshy kind and not the powdery substance to sleigh across.
What is the best time to visit the country? Here are some weather facts:
- The months July and August are warmest.
- Generally the wettest month is October, with its autumn rains.
- The coldest month is January.
- We have mild winters and mild summers, or rather: shitty winters and shitty summers 🙂
- April has the least rain and is great for watching tulips.
- Take a bottle of water and suncream when it is hot! And for the cold and rainy days, there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing. Our guides wear thermopants if they have to work a whole day outside, so you might consider doing so as well.
Our motto is: Rain or snow we always go!
Leave A Comment